Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Chapter 2 – something new

I didn’t really turn down her offer to “snuggle.” I put my arm around her, and reached for her vodka to see what it was like. It was pretty disgusting. I almost spit it out all over her, but I swallowed it instead. My face cringed as I felt the warmth of the alcohol killing all of the bacteria in my throat like a disinfectant. I liked that sensation, but hated the taste, so I laid her down on the floor, which was easy because she was asleep. She passed out because of the four vodkas she drank previous to the one I tasted. I went to look for a bottle of vodka so I could make my own little cocktail of vodka and some sugary substance. This cocktail that would make a bittersweet mix of happiness. Happiness in a glass; it’s what I’d been relying on lately, and now I found a faster and more potent way to make it work.
I found a glass half-full of vodka, so now all I had to find was a bit of 7-up…the only carbonated drink I liked then. After a couple of hours and a couple of “vodka-ups,” being the name a couple of friends and I came up with, I decided to take a rest on the couch. Well, I say decide, but actually, my body was the one to decide to take a rest in the living room after about a minute of having finished my last beverage. The last thing I remember was seeing the hallway’s walls on either side of me. The funny thing is, even after all of this alcohol on my blood, I still remember things enough to be able to vaguely tell little side-stories from the party, such as the drunk headstand competition, which led to about 2 litres of puke to clean up.
I collapsed in that hallways on my way to the couch, because I guess my body changed its mind about the whole “go to the couch and lie down” idea, and said “SCREW IT!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home